If you are planning or managing a contest on a social network and need a tool to randomly select the winner, then you have reached the ideal level.
Through this short article, I will share with you all the tools you can use to randomly and transparently select the winners of sweepstakes and contests in social networks or blogs you manage.
How to choose a winner in a giveaway/contest on Instagram
To randomly select the winner from multiple Instagram users participating in the contest, you can use the following tools:
Comment selector | You log in with your Instagram account, and then you can randomly select a user among all the people who comment on the post.
How to choose winners in Facebook sweepstakes/contests
Comment selector | You log in with Facebook to see how many comments your post has, and then it will provide you with the option to randomly select a comment.
FanpageKarma | With this free tool, you can choose winners based on different criteria. There is no doubt that it is the most powerful tool. Below I will share all the operations you can perform after pasting the contest release link.
You can choose the winner for different actions:
- Feel free to comment
- First comment
- The one that received more “I like” in his comments
- Users who commented on and “liked” the publication
- A winner based on interaction.Example: A score of “surprise” as the winner of the reaction
You can drag the winner of the contest and make a certificate to make it more “official”.
How to choose a winner in a sweepstakes/contest on Youtube
Comment selector | You paste the link of the video, you can count the unique comments, and then randomly select one of the comments.
Randomly select the winner from words or numbers
If you don’t want to log in using social networks and want to simplify your life, you can always use random numbers or text winners. The tools I recommend are:
- Lucky 2
Using many of these tools, you can paste text or the number of participants to randomly select one of them. It will be easier if all your participants (names, comments, etc.) are in excel.
Tips for choosing winners
- Record your computer screen so that you can later prove that the winner’s choice is transparent. You can use Instagram stories for these videos.
- Make a photo with the name of the winner.
- Announce the winners in your brand’s official sources or publications so that they are always visible.
- Explain the next steps for the winner. For example: contact us via private message or check your email, etc.
I hope these tools will save you time and help you transparently manage matches on social media.